Sunday, August 11, 2024

When The Dawn Turned Dark

Oh Mother, where did your whispers fade?  

In the cold of night, I searched for your light,  

In the shadows, I traced the warmth that strayed,  

Yet the echoes of you were lost in flight.


Were your arms a fleeting dream,  

A tender lullaby sung to the moon?  

I longed for your touch, a golden gleam,  

But morning came, and it was gone too soon.


Did you leave to chase the stars,  

Or did the wind carry you away?  

I stand alone, with these silent scars,  

Your love, a distant ghost in gray.


Yet in my heart, your name still beats,  

Though your face is but a blur.  

I gather strength from the incomplete,  

For in the void, I find who I am, and were.


Oh Mother, though your path has strayed,  

And you left me in the night,  

I rise, a flower in the glade,  

Seeking the sun, finding my own light.

No comments: